Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Mini Folder/ Zine












This month was a true struggle to come up with just the right thing to share! But after a little digging in the stash I came up with what I feel is fun and easy!! I know we all buy supplies, they were on sale, they were clearance, or maybe the were just for sale!! We have the best intentions but sometimes we put it away really well!! I ran across this package of 2 mini folders, and being in a zine state of mind, I felt this was perfect!! Besides I have not shared much of my collage work!!

I used a technique that I had done several years ago and had forgotten about. the paper was a bit glossy which makes it an even cooler process! I stamped in stayzon black ink, let dry, then using sponges and dye based ink I smushed bright color inks all over the card. When this step was dry, I added white marks to some of the black images to make the whole thing pop!! Glued the flaps down and It was finished. As i said I have been crazy making zines!! so i added that to my folder.

The zine I did was on a light weight card stock and I lightly colored the paper with water color, added my collage, embellished it with marks and doodle, added some shading and It was finished!! A sweet little book in a sweet little folder Check out the how to On my YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment