Sunday, December 3, 2017

My masterpiece!

MY MASTERPIECE!!



WOW  was this one a blast!!  I was having a little block as to what project I wanted to do  and was offered a challenge!!  I was shown the picture of the above Zen Doodle workshop E magazine. After looking it over I just went right into my project.  I also added an extra challenge to myself,  I could not go look at the picture again, I just wanted to see if my inspiration and finished projects were close.  The bird picture was the one I liked  and  after finishing I realized the background of the bird is trees!!  Go figure,  but this is the design my mind come up with!!  

So I worked on a flat canvas board for this project, covering it first with old book pages.  This was done because, even with not knowing what my finished project would be, I knew I was going to doodle on it. I do not like to use my pens on canvas,  and the pages helped smooth it out!!
I added torn bits of gelli prints, doodled,  drew my Face and used it as a pattern for more gelli prints and cut the shapes.  I have to say this was an amazing picture to work on.  I have already taken this idea and went with an quilt too!!  Please check out the short video I have with pics of the steps on my you tube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment