Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sticks and Stones a wall hanging


Wow this project was a lot of things, before I Settled on a wall hanging! But I will say the title has always been sticks and stones! from the first circle. I am not good at naming my pieces so I am not sure how a name came to play so early!!
I took a lightweight canvas napkin (clearance for $1.50 set of 4!!!) and painted it!!  Using metallic paints and the 5x5 Gelli Plate I did a series of prints lined up to fill the square. then over stamped with the circle plate.  Grabbed me some acrylic paint, stencil, markers and brushes, and doodled and stenciled accents!! Then came the thinking game..  book cover?  Journal?  Wall hanging? Bag? Pillow?  The only item kicked out of the running was the Pillow when I decided to start sewing stuff to the background.  I used scraps of other printed and painted papers, dictionary pages, scrapbook paper, and some awesome black and white fabric.   I also did some wild stitching to add to the hand drawn doodles. This whole project was way out of my normal colors, but the more I added the more I liked it!! I have a slideshow video of all the different things/ways I wanted to do this,  but I decided for now It is staying this way, Because I like it!!I really enjoyed this process, even the moving things around over and over.  I learned how much help taking pics is,  needed them to get things "right!"  #ooakartisans

No comments:

Post a Comment