Monday, November 12, 2012

2012 Charm swap

Yes I joined another swap!!  and yet another one I have to do a blog post for, I Love the swaps,  Makes me get creative with a goal,  but its still not helping my hope  of posting more on this  blog . 

Ryley after his last surgery June 2012

This swap Really hit a happy spot for me though!  The theme was Laughter, as a set of the charms are going to auctioned off to benefit Beads of courage here. Well  charms was enticing enough,  but BOC was the topping!! Many of you know I have a wonderful Grandson, Ryley that was born with a heart defect. He has been through 3 open heart surgeries, and more Dr. apt than most adults have!  Beads Of Courage have been there the whole time! So being 1) a beader and 2) A grandparent of a BOC participant this is Extra special. I have tried to add to his strands  every time I can since many of the ventures I am along too. Well  in came my charms,  and all I can say is  WOW  His special bead for his last surgery is in that group of charms!!
Check out the auction Items here:  http://myworld.ebay.com/glassaddictions

Ryley's beads of courage as of June 2012
Walking 24 hours after open heart surgery











Back to the theme of Laughter, I gave this a lot of thought,  even ordered extra tools to do it, then changed my plan all together.  At first look you do not see laughter in my charms, they require a little thought. Cupcakes..Party...Kids...Party.. Playing..  Laughter!!  I had such a great time making these,  used so many tools and techniques, and that in itself made me smile!


Part of the process, each side was taped together so the would match and I would not Have to spend hours matching all the holes together!!
embossed  painted  glazed and wired
ready to package, with smily face charms attached,




Check out all the other Great charms !!  here

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful happy cupcakes. What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces!!! Great cause! Happy to see your work here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little charm! Cupcakes make me smile! And what a wonderful connection you have with this cause. Your grandson looks like a strong little tyke. Wishing him and you well! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, your brave young man must be such a motivation for you! I am sure he must be excited to check out your charm collection. These cupcakes are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those charms definitely bring to mind a kid's birthday party! They are just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cupcake charm. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cupcakes - I am sure Riley loves yours! It's wonderful you could participate and bring him a smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great charms!!! You do have a story to tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought these were just fabulous! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your charms. The workmanship is outstanding! And thank you for sharing Ryley's store. God Bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are just too cute! Hope your little guy is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cupcakes are great. Glad this can help children like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my cupcake. Thanks so much for sharing a bit of Ryley's story. I wish your family the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. IMO name is Lori and I have a 23 year old son with a similar heart defect. I know it's hard but I want to say that these kids are doing well

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much for sharing your personal story Jean! What a special little man you have there! It's so inspiring to read and then to see him walking so soon after heart surgery! Sending lots of love & hugs your way! & your cupcake is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks again for sharing about your beautiful strong boy, Jean. Your cupcakes are the hit of any party!

    ReplyDelete